The OHS Press

Staffer reviews most informative TLC show

The Learning Channel is a place where you learn really good about so much things. For example you can learn everything. Before I begin I want to say my honorable mentions were “Sister Wives” and “Sex Sent Me to the ER” but they were edged out by the fine programming on the list below.

#3 Untold stories of the ER

With episodes like “Hiccup Hiccup”, “Cows and Stilettos” and “Exorcism in the ER” one can see why it’s impossible not to get sucked into this show. One of my personal favorite moments in the show is when someone demands medical attention. Usually the way it goes down is some couple is having an intimate moment and then OOOPS someone starts dying so the person who isn’t having a heart attack that looks like a seizure gets up and yells “THEY NEED A DOCTOR, NOW!” surprisingly there is very little emotion in the words. The show’s sub-par acting skills have contributed to a theory that the show is actually a provides a transition role for former adult film stars.

#2  My Strange Addiction

We all know KFC is finger lickin good but what if your HUSBAND was finger lickin good hahahhahahahahhaha this could go more than one way. It may seem too good to be true but a woman named Casie has had the pleasure of licking her husband’s ashes off her fingers everyday since she accidentally got some of his remains on her finger and thought it would be wrong to wash it off. Casie puts a whole new meaning to the phrase “dang, bae you lookin’ like a snack”.

Tide Pods have stirred up controversy recently on social media because of how many young people have started using them to diversify their flavor palates with their complex taste profiles. Fortunately for those who are wondering about the health benefits of eating Tide Pods the topic has already been explored by this show. The description of the episode on the show’s Wikipedia page reads; “Most college students listen to music or hang out with friends to deal with stress, but Tempestt eats detergent up to seven times a day, not to mention the soap she eats in the shower.” Tempestt’s stress relief strategies are unconventional, but when was the last time something good came out of conformity?

#1 17 Kids and Counting/ 18 Kids and Counting/ 19 Kids and Counting

This show follows the life of Jim Bob Duggar and his family. The reason I don’t mention his wife is because it’s my belief that she suffers from Stockholm syndrome because that’s the only reason anyone would want to be with Jim Bob Duggar. For one, his name is JIM BOB, and second, he lives in Arkansas actually this list is going to be too long. The content of this show is actually horrifically boring and offensive but the pleasure that one can gain from viewing the show is playing a little game that I call “What Unspeakable Scandal is Going to Happen Next?” and usually with a little bit of deductive reasoning and stereotyping you can figure it out before the next scandal comes out in the In Touch Weekly magazine (hahahahha)